Monday, November 5, 2007

The Rules in Burgundy

I'm in Burgundy for a week tasting wines. Hard life, I know. But there are a few golden rules to remember food-wise.

1. Snails are not an acceptable mid morning snack
2. Fermented grape juice doesn't count as one of your five a day
3. Epoisses is not compulsory at every meal

My primary aim for this week is to find the perfect Jambon Persille - that's a ham hock terrine set in some seriously parsley'd up jelly for those who have never come across it. It's a perfect vehicle for dijon mustard and half-decent white Burgundy. I'll keep you posted with how I get on.

2 comments:

kippers said...

1. do snails count as one of your five a day?
2. With that much fermented grape juice what is an acceptable mid morning snack? a good stilton?
3. What is Epoisses?

Gareth said...

1. Unfortunately not.
2. Croissants stolen from the breakfast buffet.
3. Cheese. What else?